Right now, you’re on the Internet, a vast web of interconnected computers sharing information and data, and allowing billions (yes billions) of people to communicate with one another all across the globe.
It’s an amazing time to be alive.
It’s even more amazing when you take into consideration this mind-blowing computer and Internet trivia:
- Every month, an insane 6,000 new computer viruses are released out into the wild. Most will be nothing more than pesky problems, but some will cause real damage. That’s why people seek out virus removal in Toms River NJ!
- The average human being blinks 20 times a minute. That changes when they are in front of a computer, though. Then the blinking rate drops to just 7 times per minute.
- “Computers,” or devices that output calculations based on user input, are actually quite ancient. The first modern computer, i.e. an electronic computer, was invented in 1939.
- If you think there are a lot of things that can connect to the Internet, you’re right. As of 2012, a whopping 12 billion devices connected to the Internet. It has only grown since then, with TVs, refrigerators, and more now having Internet connect ability.
- Of all the billions of web pages out there, you might now be surprised to learn that 1 out of 6 of them are porn related. Be careful, pages like that will lead you to needing a Toms River NJ virus removal service!
- Websites continue to proliferate like rabbits. Over 1 million new domain names are registered each and every month! One wonders when they’ll run out of names.
- Boasting an astounding 1.3 billion users – yes, billion with a B – Facebook would actually be the largest country in the world, tied with China and just ahead of India.
- The video cards that help your favorite video games look great are as complex as your computer itself is. Just one video card can have up to 222 million transistors!
- Of all the viruses that end up proliferating online, upwards of 20 percent of them are released by organized crime groups. Surprised? The reason is that many of these viruses are intended to hijack your computer so you can be assaulted with advertisements or have your browser redirected to selected sites. In other words, there is a lot of money in making computer viruses! Time to call a virus removal in Toms River NJ guy!
- There is a lot of money in the world – on paper, at least. It turns out that only 8% of the world’s currency is actual physical money. The rest of it exists only in computers.
And here you thought your home computer was just a box of wires and circuits that helped you to go on Facebook and check on your sister-in-law’s photos. Think again! Your modest little machine is part of an amazing world of technology that has made science fiction a reality!